Love & Kindness Brings Healing
We are a safe space, centered on the practice of mindfulness, wellness, and deep respect for the cultural and demographic identities of our clients.
We work from the therapeutic techniques of Indigenous Focusing Oriented Therapy-IFOT, Psychodynamic, Interpersonal/Relational, Cognitive Behavioral, Dialectical Behavioral Informed, Emotionally Focused Therapy, and Family Systems.
Our expertise includes working with people managing complex trauma, depression, anxiety, stress, grief & loss, and interpersonal conflict within couples and families. We also specialize in working with folks who identify as LGBTQ and those who navigate the hurtful impacts of homophobia, racism, sexism, and other practices of inequality in our society.
Mental health services
Taking care of our mental health is essential to living our best lives. Here at Love and Kindness, you will experience a myriad of services catered to your emotional and psychological well-being.
Our workshops are a great opportunity to get involved with new activities, be introduced to new ways of thinking and being, and cover a wide range of topics from dealing with stress to money management.
We provide not just wellness services but experiences that cater to the best care of self. We offer Therapy services in various modalities, workshops, shamanic services, yoga, dance, meditation, and pop-up sponsored events.
Mental Health Services :
2. The individual is the client
2. Group size is a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 10
3. Facilitated by one or two therapists
4. The group is the client
Couples / Family Therapy
2. Facilitated by one therapist
3. The couple or family is the client
Indigenous Focusing Oriented Therapy
2. Offers specialized skills for working with the speechlessness of trauma
3. Facilitate the release of body-held trauma toward healing and integration
4. Body-centered and person-centered approach to healing
5. Grounded in our connection to land and nature, our ancestors and collective
Supervision and Coaching
2. Mentor and supervise early career clinicians and health care providers
3. Teach effective skills for success for personal and professional development
Book A Session
We offer services in English, Spanish and Haitian Creole.
$175 – $250
$250 – $350
$250 – $350
Schedule a Shamanic Session
When you come in for your Shamanic session, you will explore the root cause of dis-ease and connect to your spiritual and ancestral guides. Healing Assessments may show up in various ways depending on what is organically needed in the moment – for example, egg, candlelight, or crystal reading. Soul retrieval focuses on the reintegration of fragmented parts of the self caused by trauma. Extraction explores the process of clearing one’s aura of negative energy and unblocking places of stuck energy.
Therapy can help by providing a space for support, processing one’s feelings and building our observer selves, and identifying problem-solving skills and enhanced coping strategies. Many people also find that therapists help them to manage personal growth, interpersonal relationships, family concerns, marriage issues, and the hassles of daily life. Therapists can also provide a fresh perspective on a difficult problem or point you in the direction of a solution. Some other benefits of therapy include:
1. Attaining a better understanding of yourself, your goals and values
2. Developing skills for improving your relationships
3. Finding resolution to the issues or concerns that led you to seek therapy
4. Learning new ways to cope with stress and anxiety
5. Managing anger, grief, depression, and other emotional pressures
6. Improving communications and listening skills
7. Changing old behavior patterns and developing new ones
8. Discovering new ways to solve problems in your family or marriage
9. Improving your self-esteem and boosting self-confidence